Monthly Archives: September 2012
You can get a print friendly version here.
Making some clarifications on this one regarding the secondary and quaternary missions. You can download this or get a printer friendly version here.
You can easily download or print this mission from here.
This Daemon Prince is taking way longer than I had anticipated – typical. I wasn’t sure what color to do his skin when someone suggested I do the inverse of my other Daemon Prince and I thought it was a great idea. To the left is where I left off with him, things pretty well base coated but skin and wings untouched. And here’s some shots of him as I left off last night.
Saturday was my FLGS’ monthly tournament for 40K. It was 1,750 and here’s the list I brought along. In my earlier practices I realized that my troop selection was too small and I wanted to bulk that out. Often the problem with the current Chaos codex, in order to do that I had to pull/reduce from somewhere else, namely my heavy support and also my HQs. From my previous play testing though I didn’t think it would hinder me much at all.
Well, another week has passed and I find myself with very little to show in the way of hobby progress. I’ve managed to finish cleaning mold lines from my lootas and grot bots, add some basing texture, and prime them all. I also manage to paint a little metal on one. It’s not a lot of progress but after a hectic week at least it’s something. This has got me to thinking about ways to improve my output a bit.
I started this series the other week to try to put my thoughts into words and in turn get them to stick in my mind more. I’m very much a creature of habit and this includes doing things that don’t work. I began with The List to try to fix some issues I have in list creation. It’s still an ongoing process but I’ve done a lot better with it and don’t feel my lists are now contributing to my losses. Well, any more than an old codex can at least – Chaos.
A few days ago I put up some shots of my last Daemon Prince all ready for priming. He’s since been primed and is now in the early stages of painting. Here’s a few quick shots of him. Usual disclaimer, lighting kind of sucks as it’s early morning and these are just WIP shots, blah, blah, blah. Though they are a bit better than my normal WIP shots.
As I’ve discussed recently I’m feeling a bit burned out on the Space Wolves and have decided to switch back to the orks for a while. The shop where I play has an annual event in November called the Standish Standoff. It’s a hobby-oriented event with 1850 point armies, detailed comp rules, and a lot of soft scores. My goal is to have a fully painted list for this event.
I got this model over a year ago and immediately began working on it. I hate metal models but I love this Daemon Prince sculpt. After a while I finally snagged wings off eBay for cheap enough and got those pinned on. A few months later I began doing the green stuff work to sculpt the wings in and since then it has sat untouched.
Last night I faced off against Ming’s Ultramarines with my Chaos Marines, Disciples of Twilight, in a 1,750 game. We decided to use one of my missions, King of the Hill, and rolled off. He got to choose sides and got first turn.
One of the units I had always wanted to try out, but never got around to building, is Lootas. I’ve had a box of them sitting around for a while now but just never put them together. I didn’t assemble the burnas either, so that’s not my excuse. Another back-burner idea was heavily augmented gretchin that I like to call “Grot-Bots.” I built one lone ago to use as a meganob and I’ve always wanted to build a unit of them. As I pull my orks out of the mothballs I decided that it is finally time to get cracking on a Loota unit and to mix in some Grot-Bots for good measure!
Between work and home I have not had a lot of spare time lately. Painting has been painfully slow and projects are stalling out at the moment. I have managed two games recently, at least that remains consistent, but sadly I lost both. However, I have stuck to what I said the other week about improving my lists and I do see a difference.