- Rebel Grot allies for Waagh Grottrog!
- Kamui’s Workbench: Liberated Grot Heavy and Special Weapons
- Rebel Grot WIP: Infantry Squads Based
- Rebel Grots WIP – Shoulder Pads and Packs
- Rebel Grots WIP: Adding some variety!
- Rebel Grots WIP: First Infantry Squad Paint in Progress
- Rebel Grots: First Infantry Squad Grunts Painted
- Rebel Grots quick update: Heavy Weapon bases painted
- Rebel Grots: Lascannon 1 PIP
- Rebel Grots: First Infantry Squad with Lascannon is Finished
- Rebel Grots: Infantry Squad 2 WIP
- Rebel Grots: Infantry Squad 2 ready for paint
- Rebel Grots: Infantry Squad 2 amost complete
- Rebel Grots Infantry Yellow 2 complete…and tanks!
I haven’t been spectacularly productive over the holidays but I have made some decent progress on my Grot IG allies. I’ve done a few experiments that didn’t pan out but I’ve narrowed in on how I want to model the core allied infantry detachment so it should be steady progress for a little while to come.
In my last post I showed one grot-portable lascannon and one on a tracked carriage. I’ve constructed two more carriages to carry the other two lascannons. One is a smaller tracked carriage and the other is a tri-wheeled design. The tri-wheel has an operator using a marine auspex as a remote.
This rear shot shows the modifications I’ve made to the controller. He’s a Night Goblin from Warhammer Fantasy. I added a spacer at the waist for a little extra height and concealed it with a green stuff belt. I’ve also added the thick soled boots and shoulder pads that will be pretty standard for the army. I like the way he came out. When I start to expand past the core detachment I want to try the same method but with Cadian arms
This is the first flamer Grot I made. He still needs some shoulder pads but I’ve added the base material to this one to see how well it covers the spacers I’ve added for height. I start with some chunky bits of slate that are big enough to bury the spacer then sprinkle in some smaller material salvaged from a Brita water filter to fill the gaps. This guy had a bar of sprue connecting his feet, for the rest I’ll use smaller pieces like I did for the lascannon above so I don’t have to pile it quite as high between their legs.
This is the second flamer conversion I’ve started. He still needs a fair amount of work but I like how he’s coming along. As I said earlier in the post, I’ve worked through most of the experimental phase and will be settling into a routine. Adding the pads and boot soles to all of the lasgun grots may be a little tedious but I think it will go quickly enough and it will be good practice with sculpting the shoulder pads.
That’s what I’ve got so far. Let me know what you think!