- Rebel Grot allies for Waagh Grottrog!
- Kamui’s Workbench: Liberated Grot Heavy and Special Weapons
- Rebel Grot WIP: Infantry Squads Based
- Rebel Grots WIP – Shoulder Pads and Packs
- Rebel Grots WIP: Adding some variety!
- Rebel Grots WIP: First Infantry Squad Paint in Progress
- Rebel Grots: First Infantry Squad Grunts Painted
- Rebel Grots quick update: Heavy Weapon bases painted
- Rebel Grots: Lascannon 1 PIP
- Rebel Grots: First Infantry Squad with Lascannon is Finished
- Rebel Grots: Infantry Squad 2 WIP
- Rebel Grots: Infantry Squad 2 ready for paint
- Rebel Grots: Infantry Squad 2 amost complete
- Rebel Grots Infantry Yellow 2 complete…and tanks!
Last week I posted some progress I made and Warhammer 39,999 pointed out that regardless of any conversions I added they were still all the same single pose model. Of course he is right. When I started the project I accepted this because it’s what I had for models and continued on this course even after I’d picked up a bits lot on ebay that contained a bunch of fantasy goblins. Prompted by this comment I took a dive through my more random bits bins and managed to dig up a handful of assorted lasguns and autoguns.
This is a sample of what I have to work with. I have more than is shown here, mostly the 1st edition ones in the second row. So I started arming the fantasy goblins with these. So far I have five put together though they still need some green stuff before they’re ready for paint (click for larger pictures.)
I’m going to replace one of the flamers and call it good for this squad. I need to save enough of the night goblin models for my heavy weapon teams. I’m glad to have been prompted into mixing it up more. While a squad like this can support some degree of uniformity it really is better if there is a bit of variety. When they’re all painted in the same colors I think they single piece models will blend a bit better, and I’ll change the helmets a bit to mix it up a little more.
So that’s where I am so far. For this week I’m going to put together a new flamer model, put the ‘vox-caster’ (the snotling pole) trooper on a new base, and start back into the green stuff. With a little luck I can finish up the lascannon teams and start painting stuff next week.
Thanks for looking. Let me know what you think!