- Rebel Grot allies for Waagh Grottrog!
- Kamui’s Workbench: Liberated Grot Heavy and Special Weapons
- Rebel Grot WIP: Infantry Squads Based
- Rebel Grots WIP – Shoulder Pads and Packs
- Rebel Grots WIP: Adding some variety!
- Rebel Grots WIP: First Infantry Squad Paint in Progress
- Rebel Grots: First Infantry Squad Grunts Painted
- Rebel Grots quick update: Heavy Weapon bases painted
- Rebel Grots: Lascannon 1 PIP
- Rebel Grots: First Infantry Squad with Lascannon is Finished
- Rebel Grots: Infantry Squad 2 WIP
- Rebel Grots: Infantry Squad 2 ready for paint
- Rebel Grots: Infantry Squad 2 amost complete
- Rebel Grots Infantry Yellow 2 complete…and tanks!
Between work travel and a nasty cold I have not been particularly productive this last week. I did manage to dig in for a couple of hours yesterday and make some progress on my Rebel Grot Imperial Guard allies. If you haven’t seen the them you can see the earlier posts here, here, and here.
I’ve started adding shoulder pads to represent the flak armor:
Nothing too extravagant, just some quick pads to bulk up the models a little bit and make them look more like they’ve got a 5+ armor save. I have a lot of these to do so I don’t want to get too complicated. I’ll throw in a little variation but not too much. I know from experience that if I spend too much effort trying to spruce up single piece models like these they’ll never be quite what I want them to be and I’ll burn up precious time and energy that can be used better elsewhere.
I also added packs to the sargeants:
These are archers from a fantasy starter box. The bows were easily dealt with, what remains of them looks like leather wrapped handles. To update the quivers I clipped off the arrows and added snap close flaps. As with the other grunts I don’t want to go too far on these conversions. I’ll probably add shoulder pads for these, though they’ll be trickier to squeeze in.
Well, that’s what I have so far. My goal for this week is to finish the shoulder pads and another lascannon base so I can prime the two infantry squads.