Although I was fairly productive last week I haven’t made a lot of progress on the tanks. I took some time one evening to try out a lasgrot conversion that was stuck in my mind. I took another evening to clean up some Sisters of Battle, which I’ll feature in a post later this week. I did manage to spend some time on the second Basilisk for the Rebel Grots.
As a reminder, here’s a pic of the first basilisk:
I like the way it came out but the weapons supports were a bit fiddly to assemble and are quite bland. I decided to deviate from the template and build something with recoil suspension built into it. I used the same elevation ram that I used for the first one (not part of the template) but upgraded it to a two-stage hydraulic system so it looks like it can achieve greater elevation.
The first hull was based on the Griffon template from. A few years ago (during the 4th edition Ork codex) I started working on a looted basilisk based on a rhino hull. For now I am going to build the Earthshaker platform to (mostly) match the first one but I’m going to resurrect this old scratch build to carry it.