Creative Twilight is a casual wargaming blog with a hobby focus. We cover conversions, sculpting, painting, and more. We also have lots of hobby tutorials, guides, and reviews for various gaming systems.
We’re just a bunch of people who like to play games. So, sit back, relax, join the community, and have fun.
Nothing super exciting but I started work on my Skull Champion this weekend. He’s the last unpainted model in my Berzerker unit, as I save Champions for last. I started the unit years ago, literally. They saw little use on the table after the latest Chaos codex and requiring a Khorne Lord to become troops, so they got set aside. However, with Khorne Daemonkin they have been hitting the field a lot more so finally time to wrap up the squad.
I’m just doing my standard table top quality with this guy. No big blending tasks or anything, just the usual. It seems rather primitive after all the work on my Herald of Khorne but if I painted all models to that standard then this army would take me 20 years to finish. Anyway, that being said, even with table top quality I tend to find something to focus on to give it some life and with this model it’s the helmet. I wanted it to stand out so going with bone seemed to make sense here. I did do some blending on the helmet but just quick and dirty.
At this stage the model is in the “sloppy” phase. Basically, things are base coated and washed and now I need to go cleanup colors from the wash; it just looks sloppy. Once I get things cleaned up, mostly those reds, it will look a lot better and then on to highlights.
I was hoping to get this model done during the weekend but my motivation was fleeting and came in spurts. I did get some other work done though. Not seen is one of his arms mostly base coated, his other arm primed and ready for paint as well. I also magnetized two bolt pistol arms, two plasma pistol arms and primed those for the squad itself. While I didn’t do everything I wanted, I made more progress than expected so I’ll take it.