This project continues to slog along. I can confidently say that I’m nearing the end with it though.
The big thing you’re going to notice in this update is the daemonic flesh I applied. Prior, I had some flesh I sculpted, which was a lot more stylistic in appearance than realistic. It was bothering me, and I wasn’t completely happy with it. Then I remembered a tutorial I saw for making daemonic flesh that was really simple. I had always wanted to try this out, so I figured there was no better chance than on the Land Raider.
I’m pretty pleased with how the daemonic flesh came out. It’s pretty random in appearance, which I like, and once it’s painted I feel that it’s going to be great.
The only thing I did differently from the tutorial I read was to use liquid green stuff over it and to blend it into the surface. Really the only reason I used liquid green stuff over the skin was to better see everything together. Without it the skin would be white, and then there’s the green sculpting, and the grey plastic. It was just easier to see it all together that way, especially where I was trying to blend it into the armor.
Some of the areas of flesh is just pure liquid green stuff where I needed more control, like around the door with the skull on it. For that I just slapped it on thick, let it set for about 5 minutes, and then used a brush and stippled it to add texture. I did that a few times to build it up.
I have also started working on some small details. I’ve added a few horns sticking out of the flesh in spots, as well as a few more tentacles. From here I’ll add a bit more battle damage, some more small details, and then begin work on the assault ramp on the front.
I’m getting close…
Please Rate This Article
Please take a second to rate this. It helps us deliver to you the stuff you enjoy.
Chaos Land Raider – Daemonic Flesh Applied (WIP #5)