I was really aiming to get these Oblits done this past weekend but with a tournament on Saturday my time was short. I took a quick shot of them on Monday morning and the lighting is bad. I turned on one of my painting lights but it washed out the colors. Ah well, not going to go to great lengths for WIP shots!
At this stage the red armor is done. The skin is finished on one of them and almost complete for the other two. One of them has some highlights on the black but that’s not finished yet. You’ll also notice one power fist is ‘done’. That was a test to see if I liked it before I committed to it and I admit I dig it. It’s a different style than other ones I’ve done. In fact each different cult type of unit will have its own unique power weapon styling. The approach on this one is simpler than I usually do but I just liked the look of it and didn’t want to complicate it for the sake of complicating it.
If things go well I should finally have these guys done this week’ish. Most of the hard stuff is done, which for me is making decisions, and it’s just a matter of plowing through.
Update: I scheduled this article on Monday and have since made a lot of progress. Crossing my fingers that by this weekend they’ll be 100% done and I can get some good shots up.
Update #2: The Oblits are complete and there’s a painting showcase.