Creative Twilight is a casual wargaming blog with a hobby focus. We cover conversions, sculpting, painting, and more. We also have lots of hobby tutorials, guides, and reviews for various gaming systems.
We’re just a bunch of people who like to play games. So, sit back, relax, join the community, and have fun.
I managed to finish building the second Earthshaker Cannon for my Rebel Grots. Here are a couple of pics to show how the two Basilisks are coming along:
I know they aren’t great pics but I’ve been rearranging my basement (one of the reasons for a low progress week) and can’t get at my photo setup right now.
I bought some casting resin and I’ve been playing with that this weekend. I cut a set of four tank tracks from plasticard and make a few wax molds of those. The wax molds are brittle but take very little time to make so they’re great for quickly making a set of short term molds. From these I’ve cast a handful of tracks. My plan is to clean these up and add some detail to them, then I will make a latex mold of the detailed tracks and mass produce them for my tanks. I’ll also make a couple of molds with several tracks connected so I don’t have to piece every set together from single tracks. It’s a bit of work to set up but in the end I expect it will be less effort than making all of the tracks by hand. I can also take the time to make a small set of tracks with much better detail than if I tried to do them all one at a time.
Please Rate This Article
Please take a second to rate this. It helps us deliver to you the stuff you enjoy.
Quick update on Rebel Grot Basilisks
Please rate this article to let us know what you think