If you saw my first WIP then you’ll notice in these WIP shots that I ditched the Techmarine backpack. I liked it but with the huge arm on it I had limited space to work in the tentacles. Plus, with it being metal it just wanting to flop around despite some strong magnets. I just didn’t want to deal with it so I started over on the backpack.
This backpack I modeled a bit after the Warpsmith kit, namely the heads on the exhaust ports. The mouths in those heads will each have a tentacle coming out of them, same as the Warpsmith kit. I just need to make some more tentacles for that.
So, he has some tentacles, a new backpack and more tentacles inbound soon. I also need to add cabling to the model. I created a bunch of cables but I need to make more. Maybe in the next update I’ll have some progress there.
Overall, I’m happy with the progress on this model. Even at this point he’s recognizable for what he is, which is great because I need to use him next game.
Update: The Warpsmith is all painted now, so check out the painting showcase.