I’m so very close to being done with this Daemon Prince. I’d say he’s 98% complete at this stage. Everything is base coated, shaded and highlighted. Really I’m just picking out the last few details and doing some finishing touches. To the left is where I left off with him before some painting last night.
On to the pictures.
I decided to try something different with the sword. I have been using a technique on power weapons that looks good, but I wasn’t 100% happy with and it’s been bugging me. However, I didn’t want to go back and redo power weapons, some for a third time. With such a big weapon, and one I haven’t already committed a technique to, I figured it was my chance to experiment and I really like the result.
It’s brighter than my previous techniques, and ultimately I think that’s what makes the big difference. It adds a nice contrast to the dark tones of the model. The darker power weapon method, though cool, just wasn’t cutting it.
Now, as time permits, I’ll need to redo a few previously painted power weapons for consistency.