I managed to get some work in this weekend on my Heldrake and I’ve almost finished the second wing, the black one. I have to get the glow on the talons and highlight the metal. This wing went so much faster without having to shade in the insets/panels, thank god. You’ll also see I started on the body. Once I got that wing almost done I felt compelled to at least get some color on the rest of it.
As always on these WIP shots, the quality sucks. I really need to leave my camera up here so I’m not using my phone. The phone takes reasonable shots but keeping it steady for stuff like this is the issue. It takes better pictures than I normally manage. Ah well.
Now that I put it all together and got more color on there I finally feel like I’m making progress. I also noticed I need to do some OSL on the head from those left talons.
I’ve been thinking too. In my last update I mentioned maybe doing some freehand work. I wanted to at least get my warband’s logo on there but the problem I feel is going to be scale. If I fit the logo into one of the panels then it’s going to be tiny and out of scale with the model. I thought about doing an over-sized one on a wing and letting the trim/webbing break it up but it doesn’t seem like that’s going to work either. There’s so much trim that the logo will just look terrible; the details of the logo will get lost ‘under’ the trim. So, I may just go without painting my logo on there.
Please Rate This Article
Please take a second to rate this. It helps us deliver to you the stuff you enjoy.
Thor’s Workbench: Heldrake – It’s Coming Together (WIP #4)
Please rate this article to let us know what you think