A short update today for my latest work on Basha, an Orruk for my Shadespire warband.
Let’s start with some pictures. These are shots I shared on social media, so nothing fancy, just showing the work.
If you saw my previous work on Hakka then there’s nothing new to see here really. I did, however, decide to hold off on highlights until the end.
The extreme highlights I was doing for the orange involved mixing paints. Mixing paints multiple times throughout the process of painting a model is really hard to keep consistent between sessions. So, it made more sense to me to wait until the end, do all the highlights, and have everything tackled in one sitting.
As far as progress, other than the mentioned highlights, I’ve got to pick out some details and do weathering. The hard stuff is done though, so I’m about 90% there and that last 10% will fly the next time I can sit down and paint.
As much as I love how this warband is coming out, painting the orange is sucking the soul out of me. I’ve only got 2 more to do and then I’ll probably never paint orange armor on anything again.
All the orange is really slowing the process down. I’m not a fast painter to begin with, but then you add in a difficult color and the painting speed comes to a crawl. If I did the armor any color but orange, or yellow, then I’d probably have the entire warband done by now.