This coming Saturday is an 1,850 40K tournament at my FLGS. With my schedule lately, I’ve missed a few weeks of play testing so I decided to just bulk up my 1,750 list from last month. The list did well for me last time, 2-1 for the day (best I’ve done in a long time), so why not just bump it up 100pts?
Chaos Space Marines with Daemon Allies – 1,850
- Psykill (Lord) – Mark of Nurgle, Blight Grenades, Melta Bombs, Sigil of Corruption, Lightning Claw, Power Fist, Gift of Mutation
- Bloodthirster – Greater Rewards x 2
- Deathcry (Helbrute) – Fist, Twin-linked Lascannon
- Hellscream (Helbrute) – First, Multi-melta
- Redemption (Chaos Marines) (10) -Meltagun x 2, Icon of Vengeance
- Aspiring Champion – Melta Bombs
- Rhino – Dozer Blade
- Vengeance (Chaos Marines) (9) – Plasma Gun
- Apsiring Champion – Melta Bombs
- Rhino – Dozer Blade
- Cultists (10) -Autoguns, HeavyStubber
- Cultist Champion – Shotgun
- Bloodletters (15) – Banner of Blood
- Maulerfiend – Lasher Tendrils
- Predator – Tri-las
- Genocide (Obliterators) (3) – Mark of Nurgle, Veterans of the Long War
I’ve been playing with using a Chaos Lord a bit more in a support role than normal. He’s still got the gear to pound face but instead of riding out with Spawn or Bikers, he’s instead making Marines fearless and serving as a deterrent for anyone who wants to assault them. This has proven effective so far.
The Thirster is something that I have had used against me to great effect and always wanted to try. It has proven to be a great choice. Admittedly, he rarely ever makes back his points in terms of destruction but he’s a huge threat that pulls a lot of attention off the rest of my army. It cannot be ignored and as a result has worked wonders for me.
The Predator is something I’ve wanted to toy with for a while and it’s been alright. Typical tank issues, they either do amazing or not much at all. I haven’t felt like I’ve wasted points with it so I’ll keep trying it out.
Helbrutes, I like’em, what can I say? I debated the Mayhem Pack but points would have been tricky and left me too much off the board since Bloodletters typically deep strike in. Basically, they do what they do, slog up the field throwing out shots and hoping to smash a tank or something. I felt I needed more fire power in my list and combined with the Obliterators and Predator, I have a fair amount of shooting for a list of mine at least.
The rest of the list is standard fare for me.
As I mentioned, the list has done well for me. I don’t think it’s any one thing but just the change-up in the list dynamic compared to what I often field. We’ll see how it does on Saturday.
What do you think? Any changes you’d make to the list?