- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #1: Preliminary Stuff
- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #2: Movement & Shooting
- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #3: Weapons
- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #4: Assault Phase & Morale
- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #5: Independent Characters, Psykers and Unit Types
- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #6: Vehicles (Part 1)
- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #7: Vehicles (Part 2)
- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #8: Universal Special Rules, Buildings & Ruins and Missions
One of the easiest ways to become a better 40K player is to know the rules inside and out. Even veterans will re-read the rules to freshen up and make sure they know their stuff. So, I thought it would be fun to do a 40K quiz. I’ll chop the rulebook into sections and post a quiz for each. I’m aiming to quiz on the more obscure stuff and by obscure I mean items you may have overlooked, not known or always been fuzzy on. Some questions will be easy but hopefully overall the quizzes will be a challenge to anyone taking them. Oh, goes without saying but don’t use the rulebook to look up the answers. I want to test knowledge, not ability to research.
1) What is the proper sequence for firing a blast weapon:
A) Measure range, place the marker over a model and roll scatter
B) Pick a model, measure range and roll scatter
2) If a blast weapon scatters out of range of the weapon do you still resolve any hits or is the shot now invalid?
3) Twin-linked template weapons get what advantage?
4) What happens if you roll a rending hit against a vehicle?
5) What strength do sniper weapons count as?
6) Do units in area terrain get cover from barrage weapons?
7) What is special about lance weapons?
2) It’s fine to scatter out of weapon range and so you resolve hits normally
3) Re-rolls to wound
4) You roll an additional D3 for armor penetration
7) They count armor values higher than 12 as armor 12