- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #1: Preliminary Stuff
- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #2: Movement & Shooting
- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #3: Weapons
- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #4: Assault Phase & Morale
- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #5: Independent Characters, Psykers and Unit Types
- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #6: Vehicles (Part 1)
- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #7: Vehicles (Part 2)
- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #8: Universal Special Rules, Buildings & Ruins and Missions
One of the easiest ways to become a better 40K player is to know the rules inside and out. Even veterans will re-read the rules to freshen up and make sure they know their stuff. So, I thought it would be fun to do a 40K quiz. I’ll chop the rulebook into sections and post a quiz for each. I’m aiming to quiz on the more obscure stuff and by obscure I mean items you may have overlooked, not known or always been fuzzy on. Some questions will be easy but hopefully overall the quizzes will be a challenge to anyone taking them. Oh, goes without saying but don’t use the rulebook to look up the answers. I want to test knowledge, not ability to research.
1) What do defensive grenades do?
2) If you inflict unsaved wounds on your own unit during assault, IE: Kharn’s ‘The Betrayer’ rule, do these wounds count towards combat resolution?
3) What happens in the rare case that after an assault neither side is able to make a pile-in move far enough to make contact?
4) If units locked in combat take 25% casualties from a stray blast shot, do they need to make a morale check?
5) Close combat poisoned weapons get to re-rolls wounds if what condition is met?
6) If you’re making attacks with two special weapons, IE: a poisoned weapon and a power weapon, and both are single-handed close combat weapons, do you get an additional attack for two close combat weapons?
7) What happens if you are assaulted while falling back?
8) How far can you move if you pass a regroup test?
1) Removes the bonus attacks for charging2) Yes3) The combat is ended and both sides may consolidate
5) If the strength of the attacker is higher or equal to the toughness of the target
7) You must test to regroup. If you pass you fight but if you fail it you are destroyed.