- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #1: Preliminary Stuff
- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #2: Movement & Shooting
- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #3: Weapons
- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #4: Assault Phase & Morale
- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #5: Independent Characters, Psykers and Unit Types
- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #6: Vehicles (Part 1)
- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #7: Vehicles (Part 2)
- Warhammer 40K Rules Quiz #8: Universal Special Rules, Buildings & Ruins and Missions
One of the easiest ways to become a better 40K player is to know the rules inside and out. Even veterans will re-read the rules to freshen up and make sure they know their stuff. So, I thought it would be fun to do a 40K quiz. I’ll chop the rulebook into sections and post a quiz for each. I’m aiming to quiz on the more obscure stuff and by obscure I mean items you may have overlooked, not known or always been fuzzy on. Some questions will be easy but hopefully overall the quizzes will be a challenge to anyone taking them. Oh, goes without saying but don’t use the rulebook to look up the answers. I want to test knowledge, not ability to research.
The vehicles section is going to be broken down into different parts since it’s a large section. The previous quizzes are below:
40K Rules Quiz #1: Preliminary Stuff
40K Rules Quiz #2: Movement & Shooting
40K Rules Quiz #3: Weapons
40K Rules Quiz #4: Assault Phase & Morale
40K Rules Quiz #5: Independent Characters, Psykers and Unit Types
1) What benefit does a vehicle get from a road?
2) True or false. A vehicle that has not moved can fire its ordnance main weapon and any defensive weapons?
3) What is the firing arc for a pintle-mounted weapon mounted to the vehicle’s hull?
4) What armor facing value is hit if a barrage weapon hits a vehicle?
5) If a unit is firing on a vehicle and is in the front facing arc but can only see and shoot the side of the vehicle, what sort of cover does the vehicle get?
6) If a multiple combat includes a vehicle and a unit, do the results against the vehicle factor into the combat resolution?
7) What is the strength of an assault grenade if used to attack a vehicle?
8) What is the unit coherency distance for a vehicle squadron?
1) If moving at cruising speed it can move an additional 6″
2) False. You can never fire any other weapon if firing an ordnance weapon.
3) 45 degrees
4) Side armor
5) The situation is rare but the vehicle would get a 3+ cover save
6) No. Results against the vehicle are ignored.
7) 4 + D6