Human Team WIP #2

Blood Bowl Human Team WIP: Basing and Conversions

On Wednesday I got to play my first Blood Bowl game with the new edition. It was a ton of fun. I played my Humans, and I came away with a 2-0 victory over Chaos. The Chaos team did put 5 of my players off the pitch though. It was a warm-up game, not a league one thankfully. Had it been a league game then I’d be down 5 players going into my next game without enough gold to replace enough of them.

Basing the Team

Anyway, playing games tends to get me excited to do more hobbying. So, I went back to my slow pace of working out some ideas for the team.

I began the basing on the team. I had picked up the Stirland Battlemire texture paint from Games Workshop. The idea was to create some interest with the ground where the grass flock wasn’t going to be. The Stirland Battlemire is a pretty gritty texture with the idea of it being to create churned up ground. I figure the cleats of the players are going to dig up the ground, remove grass in spots, so it sounded perfect.

I started with a thin layer to check it out.

Stirland Battlemire - First Coat

I didn’t want to just cake it on there, which would look great for something else, but not for what I wanted.

I thought it looked too thin in spots, so I went ahead and did another thin layer with the Stirland Battlemire, focusing on the more bare spots.

That seemed liked a good amount to me. Again, I’ll be putting grass flock on here too, so I just need some interesting areas to leave bare, not the whole base all churned up.

I went ahead and primed the model, and then I went to work dry brushing and washing the base to see what I thought.

Looks good to me!

The colors aren’t this bright in person. I have my painting light on top of it for these shots.

Small Conversions

The other thing I wanted to do was to do some small subtle conversions on some of the models. I grabbed some purity seals and glued those onto a few guys.

human-team-conversions

I also did some extra work on the Blitzers. They really don’t stand out all that much from Linemen on the table, and they really should. I sculpted a spike on the shoulder of one, and both got large wings on their helms.

I’m still working on smoothing out the head to wing area.

The wings are pretty huge, but I think they work well, and it will definitely make theme easier to spot in a game.

You can also see some more examples of how the Stirland Battlemire comes out.

Wrap-up

That’s where things currently stand with my Human team. At this point I think I’m ready to prime the rest of the team. I’m also going to start a test model this weekend to work out my color scheme.

Note: The team is completed. Feel free to check out my showcase for my Blood Bowl Human Team, the Titan Bay Thunderhawks.

Please Rate This Article

Please take a second to rate this. It helps us deliver to you the stuff you enjoy.

Blood Bowl Human Team WIP: Basing and Conversions
5 (100%) 5 votes

More Reading

Leave a Reply!

Note: You can comment as a guest by clicking in the field Name and checking off “