Last week I rebased my Flesh Hounds from bike bases to 50mm bases and documented the process. I’ve since managed to get them sealed and I got some showcase shots to show.
Here’s what these guys look like before. I never did a group shot as a showcase before, which is why I’m doing it now, but here’s some shots from games. The basing was just snow flock and blue tinted PVA for ice; my old technique.
And here they are all rebased onto 50mm bases and using my current basing technique for fluffy snow.
Pretty big change!
I painted these Hounds over a year ago to a tabletop standard. The basing is my usual snow and ice technique that I’m still refining. I played around a bit with the Hounds in creating a good variation of textures. You have the hard dirt underneath everything, bigger snow piles, smaller snow drifts and then the ice. Since I had room on these bases I also added a few rocks to break things up. I’m pretty pleased with the basing. Just doing piles of snow everywhere is a bit dull and I think I’ve created some visual interest beyond that with these Hounds.
On the gaming side, it’s great to have the Hounds on the 50mm bases. They can control so much more of the board now, are better at screening units and will take less hits from templates. All good stuff.
- Creative Twilight’s Future and My Thoughts (Feedback Welcomed!) - December 4, 2021
- My Top Gift Ideas for Miniature Painters & Hobbyists + Gifts to Avoid - December 2, 2021
- The Year That Was 2020 and Where I’ve Been - January 17, 2021