This past weekend I managed to get in a lot of painting and knock out a unit of 10 Bloodletters. First up some shots, which aren’t very good. I’ll get better quality ones later when I have time to set up my light box and everything. They do also look better in person. These shots are washing them out. I just wanted to get some quick shots up while they were still on my painting table.
With time being important, I have to get these done for a tournament, and coupled with the fact they are a troop choice, I painted them to a different standard. I’ve always painted my troop choices with easier techniques for speed. An HQ or an elite I’ll spend more time on because of their status and you generally need less of them so you aren’t spending hours on one model when you need 10.
Anyway, these guys got base coated in Khorne Red, washed with Baal Red then Devlan Mud and then a light dry brushing with Blood Red. They’re darker than most do for Bloodletters but I like it.
Oh, the swords I did spend some time on. I figured if I was doing such a simple scheme on most of the model that I should have some standout feature. It’s often my trick with simple paint methods like this, find one feature that will really make the model stand out. It tends to draw you away from the simple techniques.
The swords I did some simple wet blending on. I based coated them in white then washed in yellow and then orange around the outside. It’s not perfect but it’s a technique I can definitely refine and use again.
With these out of the way I just need to get 5 Havocs completed and a few odds and ends, like a power fist (magnetized arm), and things like that. Oh, and the arm for the model you may have noticed above missing one, oops. So far I’m making good time though.
Please Rate This Article
Please take a second to rate this. It helps us deliver to you the stuff you enjoy.