Since there are very few actual Rebel Grot models I need to do a lot of conversions to build a full army. I try to keep most of these simple so that I’ll actually be able to get them all done. So far I’ve used 2nd ed gretchin with small green-stuff mods, and I’ve used fantasy grots with 40k equipment. I’ve also used some of Necromunda starter box models as a source of weapons. Here’s an Orlock ganger. I’ve used a couple of these to provide lasguns. The right arm attaches at the shoulder and the left hand is molded onto the gun.
To use these I took the hands off of goblin arms and and lined them up to match at the wrists. It was a bit of an awkward conversion but it works well enough. Here’s an example of how it came out.
Then it occurred to me that I could cut the model at the waist and neck, then add goblin legs and head. This prevents me from needing to line up the arms (which was a chore) and has the added benefit of adding a torso that can already pass for wearing flak armor. I’m quite happy with the result:
And here’s a comparison between the original and converted models. The effective height is about the same which will help the grots play more like guard on the table.
Please Rate This Article
Please take a second to rate this. It helps us deliver to you the stuff you enjoy.