Finally wrapped up the last unpainted model for my Berzerker squad. As I mentioned on the WIP post, nothing really fancy with this guy; just a basic tabletop paint job.
I did do some blending on the power sword though. I always like making my power weapons stand out regardless of painting quality on the rest of the model. One or two elements on a model that are well painted can really draw focus away from an otherwise mediocre paint job.
Overall I’m happy with how this guy came out. Knocking out a model without the need for endless blending was a nice change from my last session. He fits in with the unit so I’m pleased with the result.
Regarding the power sword, I did a bunch of experimenting with it. I started off the same way I did the one for my Herald of Khorne, but realized that method was going to be way too time consuming. I then tried another method where you basically block in the colors and then blend the seams, but I found that annoying and not overly convincing.
Instead I tried something I’ve done before and found the process quick and effective. I would tell you what that technique was, but I want to master it more and do a tutorial on it; so you’ll have to wait :)
I can say that it’s a technique I haven’t seen before. That’s not to say I invented it, just that I haven’t run across it is all.