To break up the fun of cleaning off mold lines on countless models, I painted up a Khorne Berzerker.
You’ll have to pardon the lack of lighting. It’s an overcast day and I didn’t feel much like setting up something to get better lighting, I’m lazy :)
Update: While I still need to get a finished shot of the entire unit, I do also have a painting showcase for the Skull Champion.
So the goal with the model was to paint up something that was clean but still gritty and dark.
I’m a big fan of washes and often rely on them and I made use of them on this model, which is obvious, but didn’t wash everything as I often do. I just worked it in selectively.
By selectively I mean only where needed, not minimal use. I like strong shading so I washed/lined all the red to get that dark feel I wanted while keeping the blood red.
That saved me from having to go back in after the wash and layer in the brighter red again, which is a chore of a color to paint. It definitely took some patience and practice but saved me time in the end.
All in all I’m happy with how he came out. It’s pretty simple but I wasn’t aiming for anything too complicated either. Just a good tabletop standard.
One test model down. I do have to get the rest of the unit painted at some point but I haven’t really been in a rush either.