It doesn’t look like it but I have made a lot of progress on these guys since last week. The armor is now all base coated and the half scheme cleaned up. Now I need to do some more clean up on the sombre grey, pick out details, do some washing and highlighting. It’s the base coating on these guys that takes all the time, getting all that trim, so I’m into the home stretch.
This gallery contains 6 photos.
It was a busy weekend and I didn’t manage to make much progress on the Rebel Grots. I added power cells and did some clean up on the lascannons. I also prepped the lascannon crew for painting. Nothing worth taking pictures of. So instead of a status update on those I decided to post some new pictures of my battlewagon:
I’d like to contribute to Creative Twilight more than I do but you know how it is: real life’s always getting in our way. But I can at least share another Crimson Fist model with you (I don’t get much painting done so I have to show what I have).
This week was the fourth week in our Crusade of Fire campaign. It was an off-week for us though. Instead of moving into the next phase of the campaign, as we normally would have, we continued from our previous week. The next phase requires some additional planning that wasn’t ready yet.
This gallery contains 2 photos.
Been a while since I did one of these, Warp Discovery. Cool 40K stuff isn’t exactly as popular on the internet as funny cat pictures but occassionaly there’s something great to be found.
After wrapping up my Cultists last week I figured I’d stick with troops for now on the painting front. I’ve had the other half of this squad painted for a while now and figured it was about time to get the full squad finished.
Last Wednesday was the 3rd week in our Crusade of Fire campaign. Having won in the prior two weeks I was one of the last to get the ability to challenge. Before I had the chance though I was challenged by Spectre Senence and his Dark Eldar. We were going to fight for a position I held on the small moon, Veth. We’re suppossed to do Planetstrike for off planet attacks, unless you hold a space port, but we just went for a normal game.
I haven’t made any progress on the Lascannon team, but the rest of the first infantry squad for my Grethcin Infantry Tactical Strikeforce (GITS) is painted and I’m happy with the results. Plenty of pictures inside:
I have not said much lately regarding the latest Chaos codex. Mainly that’s because I do not see myself as an authority on it. There are those better at hammering out competitive lists and fine tuning point efficiency. So, I shied away from anything remotely resembling strategy and tactics for Chaos. However, despite there being those who are better suited to the task, it does not diminish my experiences and the lessons I’ve learned; so what the hell.
Last month I mentioned a 40K narrative event that my FLGS will be hosting in the spring, May 18th to be precise. Time is quickly flying by and I’m working on hammering out the storyline for the event. I see the storyline, if done right, as being a big draw for the event, at least to those who enjoy fun fluffy stuff like this.
Well, the latest batch of Cultists is almost done. Not much to say other than I’m working on the basing now and the rest is complete. Usual disclaimer, quick shot and some day (in a time far, far away), I’ll get some proper shots taken.
After a little more green stuff and basing I decided I was ready to start painting the first infantry squad for my Rebel Grots (Imperial Guard allied detachment.) I hadn’t chosen the color scheme yet but I had narrowed it down to a few options. I decided to paint up a quick color test to help me make a decision:
This week was our second week in our Crusade of Fire campaign. Following the book, we let those with fewer flags issue challenges and I was challenged by a Sisters player who was looking to take my hive city. The campaign suggests using Cities of Death for hive city attacks and so we busted out a copy and browsed through. I have not played Cities of Death in years so I was looking forward to it. I’d love to have sat down to read it in full, as I don’t own it, but we didn’t want to spend an hour getting intimately familiar with it. We picked up on the major points of the book and got to it.
I’m continuing work on my Cultists, trying to get the unit done. The first five are done and will get sealed today. This batch has four as I save the Champion to do last and give him some more attention than his squad. Here’s a quick shot of them.
This gallery contains 5 photos.
Last week I posted some progress I made and Warhammer 39,999 pointed out that regardless of any conversions I added they were still all the same single pose model. Of course he is right. When I started the project I accepted this because it’s what I had for models and continued on this course even after I’d picked up a bits lot on ebay that contained a bunch of fantasy goblins. Prompted by this comment I took a dive through my more random bits bins and managed to dig up a handful of assorted lasguns and autoguns.